The WAAW Foundation is a 501(c) non-profit organization whose mission is to empower girls throughout Africa by increasing the pipeline of girls in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields.
The WAAW Foundation does the following: provides college scholarships to African girls, organizes STEM Robotics camps and operates STEM outreach and mentoring programs in University campuses across Africa to include Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, Togo, Kenya, Uganda, Malawi and South Africa, impacting over 6,000 African girls each year.
WAAW foundation is looking for an experienced Executive Director (minimum of 10 years working experience in development sector or social business management) to oversee all WAAW operations, functions and activities in Africa.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors, and is responsible for WAAW consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives in program development and administration.
Leadership and Operational management
- Participate with the Board of Directors in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization.
- Assure that WAAW has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board.
- Identify, assess, and inform the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect the organization.
- Act as a professional advisor to the Board of Director on all aspects of the organization & its activities
- Draft policies for the approval of the Board and prepare procedures to implement the organizational policies; review existing policies on an annual basis and recommend changes to the Board as appropriate
- Ensure that personnel, client, donor and volunteer files are securely stored and privacy/confidentiality is maintained
- Provide support to the Board by preparing meeting agenda and supporting materials.