This year’s competition aims to expand the GoGettaz community of agripreneurs, providing them with access to education, mentorship and investment networks as they launch, grow, or scale their agrifood ventures.
The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize Competition is open to African citizens between 18 and 35 years old who are founders or co-founders of social or commercial agrifood businesses headquartered in Africa.
After a challenging selection process ending in a grand finale pitch competition in July 2021, two winners, one woman and one man, with scalable and impactful business or social ventures will each receive US$50,000 for their businesses. The award ceremony will take place alongside the prestigious Africa Food Prize.
The proposition is simple: Show the world your solution and win US$50,000.
- The agri-food sector may be defined as businesses including:
- Agri-food research & development
- Primary food production (farming)
- Crop nutrition
- Mechanisation, automation or robotics, including drones
- Crop protection
- Hydroponics or urban farming
- Transport, distribution, storage or logistics
- Food processing
- Packaging or marketing
- Food retail or service
- Waste management or recycling
- Digital or technology solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Innovative finance solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Renewable energy or environmental solutions/services to the agri-food sector
DEADLINE: June 14, 2021