The AWP Network powers small business success for African entrepreneurs through training and support.
We are the number 1 platform for African women entrepreneurs to get inspired and empowered to turn their ideas into a reality and build successful businesses.
What We Do:
- The AWP Network organizes pitch competitions for young entrepreneurs across Nigeria (Afe Babalola University, Taraba State).
- The AWP Network supports women farmers through its agribusiness training program.
- The AWP Network helps secondary school students in Nigeria develop their business plans and ideas through the DREAM Initiative.
What We Have Done:
- Organized learning events and seminars (AWP Taraba, AWP Lagos, AWP New York),
- Supported the following organizations: WAAW Foundation, Poize Insider, Pearls Africa Foundation,
- Featured on the following media platforms: BBC World News, Black Enterprise, iwantherjob.com, AFK Insider, Applause Africa, Women4Africa, SheInspiresHer, SmileandMobile, BET Networks, Innov8tiv Magazine, G.E Ideas Lab, The Nation Nigeria, BusinessDay Nigeria, The Guardian Nigeria, The Huffington Post,
- Provided learning opportunities with business experts on topics to include social media, mobile tech, branding, marketing, HR, PR,
- Small business clinics,
- Entrepreneurial training programs (what we’ve done: Agribusiness training for women farmers.)
The AWP Network provides an unparalleled opportunity to bring together women-led enterprises and investors. The AWP Network platform serves as a vehicle for expanding linkages between investors and women-led enterprises. In other words, we help to facilitate strategic opportunities for women-led businesses, researchers, and investors, which is crucial for sustainable development and inclusive growth.
Want to partner or collaborate; support or sponsor our work, please email: theawpnetwork [at] gmail. [com]