The World Summit Awards promotes young innovators who have developed a digital application tackling the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs). The WSA Young Innovators is a special recognition for young social entrepreneurs under 30 years of age.
The World Summit Awards are a unique awards system, selecting and promoting local digital innovation with high impact on improving society. Winners benefit not from a one-time financial reward, but a lifelong partnership and integration.
The World Summit Awards are also a nomination based award system. To apply you need to be nominated by a WSA National Expert as the best national digital application in one of 8 categories. The nominations to WSA are possible through national contests and national expert panel selection. Each country can only nominate one project/solution per category.
- Government & Citizen Engagement – services | open data | democratic participation
- Health & Wellbeing – medical care | sport | lifestyle
- Learning & Education – knowledge | science | skills
- Environment & Green Energy – climate | sustainable resources | agriculture
- Culture & Tourism – heritage | entertainment | subcultures
- Smart Settlements & Urbanization – mobility |productive work | sustainable living
- Business & Commerce – innovative services | security | finance | marketing
- Inclusion & Empowerment – diversity | gender | justice | human rights