The International Children’s Peace Prize is awarded annually to a child who fights courageously for children’s rights. Winning the International Children’s Peace Prize puts your changemaker in news headlines around the world. Last year, the winners’ message reached more than 1, 2 billion people!
Nominate your changemaking candidate now! Last year we received 121 nominations from 45 countries around the world. We are looking for young changemakers between 12 and 17 years around the world.
Every year, KidsRights Foundation awards this prestigious prize to a brave boy or girl, regardless of race, place of birth or social standing, who has demonstrated the skill and determination necessary to improve the rights of children. These children deserve worldwide recognition for their work.
Do you know a child with the drive, passion, and history in standing up against violations to children’s rights? Nominate him or her to become the next International Children’s Peace Prize winner.
Who can be nominated?
- An individual boy or girl above 12 years and under 18 years of age; (the child should not be older than 17 years by the time of the nomination deadline)
- From all over the world;
- The child must have a clear history of standing up and fighting for the rights of him/herself and other children. It is important that the child has an active approach in accomplishing this goal, which has led to a concrete result;
- Ability to travel abroad and feeling comfortable communicating with other people;
- The child agrees to being nominated for the International Children’s Peace Prize;
- The International Children’s Peace Prize cannot be awarded posthumously;
- Group nominations are possible provided that every individual in the group made a provable effort and co-initiated the activities that resulted in an exceptional difference for the rights of the child and the position of vulnerable children, anywhere in the world. Organizations are not accepted as eligible nominees.
DEADLINE: March 15, 2019