The VV GROW Fellowship is a one-year competitive program created to support growth-oriented women business owners and help them take their business and leadership skills to the next level. The program supports women-owned enterprises in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA), Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC), and the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), to set and achieve business growth goals with a unique blend of online learning, in-person training, and tailored support services.
Vital Voices is seeking applications from women business owners from Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Middle East and North Africa, who:
- Own a business that has been in operation for at least 3 years,
- Employ at least 3 staff (including temporary and/or seasonal workers), and
- Generate at least USD $40,000 in annual sales,
As an interested applicant you:
- Are motivated to build the skills and make the changes needed to grow your business,
- Are excited to participate in a one-year program including on-line and in-person training and access to business growth opportunities, and
- Recognize the value of and participate in the tracking of the growth of your business for up to 2 years through methods such as surveys, calls, or additional opportunities.
The one-year program timeline consists of 4 components:
- A competitive participant selection process and business needs assessment,
- Virtual Training: 4-6 months including a mix of online learning via webinars and Harvard Manage Mentor; network building via webinars and peer/small group calls; updates of key business tools such as the SWOT, the Business Model Canvas, and key financial statements,
- In-Person Training: 4-day in-person trainings in each region, LAC, MENA, and SSA featuring group sessions, one-on-one advising, and networking opportunities,
Growth Services and Support: 5-6 months of tailored services such as small grants (potential), one-on-one advising, technical assistance, and Harvard Manage Mentor.
Latin America and the Caribbean: January 31, 2016
Middle East and North Africa: January 31, 2016
Sub-Saharan Africa: January 31, 2016