The Anzisha Prize is the premier award for African entrepreneurs aged 15-22 who have developed and implemented innovative businesses or social ventures. Finalists travel to South Africa and share in over $75,000 in cash awards, as well as access to lifelong mentorship and support.
Before you begin, make sure you are eligible to enter:
- You must be between the ages of 15 and 22 years old.
- Your business or project must be up and running. The Anzisha Prize is not for great ideas or business plans – you must have already started, and be able to prove it!
- Your business, invention, or social project can be in any field or industry (science and technology, civil society, arts and culture, sports, etc.). Any kind of venture is welcome to apply.
- Groups or teams can apply (for example, maybe you have 2 or 3 co-founders who started your business or project together), however you must choose one person to apply for the prize, on behalf of the group. This individual must be one of the founding members.
To be selected as one of our 12 Anzisha Fellows, your business or project will be judged on the following 3 criteria:
- Impact: Does your venture have a demonstrated, measurable and positive social and economic impact.
- Ingenuity: Have you taken a new or better approach to a pressing problem or business opportunity within your community.
- Scalability: Does your business or social project have the potential to grow or be replicated with support and investment.
DEADLINE: April 1, 2014