The Anzisha Prize launched the 2021 call for Africa’s biggest award for young entrepreneurs between, 15 and 22. Applications have now opened for the latest cohort, with successful entrepreneurs standing a chance to win a shared prize of US$100 000 and join the prestigious Anzisha Prize fellowship program. As the COVID-19 pandemic disrupts the world, young entrepreneurs are building opportunities for their communities and peers.
Youth employment continues to be a key challenge in many countries and Africa’s high unemployment rate is one of the leading barriers to growth prosperity on the continent. Young entrepreneurs are an indication that the youth demographic could be the asset needed to transform the continent’s employment climate.
- Are you between the ages of 15 and 22?
- Are you running an established venture, delivering value to a few customers?
- Are you involved in the strategy and operations of their venture?
- Has the venture demonstrated some impact already?
- Is your business already earning a revenue, or reaching beneficiaries with the potential to improve (both ‘for-profit businesses’ or ‘not-for-profit’ ventures qualify).
DEADLINE: March 31, 2021