The AWP Network and Guardian Nigeria to Launch Writing Competition for Girls
On the International Day of the Girl Child – October 11, 2020, The AWP Network in collaboration with Guardian Nigeria launched its first-ever writing competition for girls ages 13 to 20. The essay topic to be addressed for the writing competition will be: “How has the COVID19 Lockdown affected you as a young girl living in Nigeria.”
- Program participants must complete the application,
- Program participants must be between the ages of 13 to 20,
- Program participants must identify the educational institution that they attend,
- They must be living in Nigeria or be of Nigerian decent.
- All essays must be submitted before the deadline.
- DEADLINE: February 28, 2021
Meet the Judges:
- Mary Olushoga, Founder, AWP Network
- Chuks Nwanne, Chief Editor, Guardian Nigeria
- Ohimai Amaize, Columbia University Graduate Students, Journalist and Presenter
- Hauwa Ojeifo, Mental health coach and advocate
- Babatunde Aderinoye, Journalist and Nollywood Actor
- Tinu Nimah Arigbabu, Writer and International Relations Professional
Email a copy of your essay to: mary (at) awpnetwork. com
- Winners will have the opportunity to be featured in Guardian Nigeria
- They will also have the opportunity to compete for monetary prizes at the end of the year.
5 thoughts on “The AWP Network and Guardian Nigeria to Launch Writing Competition for Girls”
Please I dont know how to apply to be a vendor with shoprite. Will really want to and I need the criteria that is required. Expecting your response soonest. Brenda
Good afternoon madam Mary l’ve registered before now but no response can l register again.
Good evening ma’am Mary i’ve registered before now but i’m yet to get a response
Please I need the email address of Mary so I could send my essay. I don’t seem to understand the one placed down on the platform