Register now to join one of six Thematic Working Groups!
As we prepare to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Fourth World Conference on Women and Beijing Platform for Action, take stock of our progress toward achieving gender equality and examine the threats, barriers and gaps that remain, we do not want to reinvent the wheel.
Let us use the Beijing Platform for Action, CEDAW and other human rights treaties, the SDGs, as well as a host of other international commitments such as the International Conference on Population and Development Programme of Action, New Urban Agenda of Habitat, UNSC Resolution 1325 and related resolutions and the Paris Climate Accord to measure our progress and make our demands clear.
What are the six thematic clusters?
- Inclusive development, shared prosperity and decent work
- Poverty eradication, social protection and social services
- Freedom from violence, stigma and stereotypes
- Participation, accountability and gender-responsive institutions
- Peaceful and inclusive societies
- Environmental conservation, protection and rehabilitation
This plan can be implemented at global, regional and national/local levels. Please adapt as you wish.
DEADLINE: August 25, 2019