The search is on to find Africa’s youngest, most innovative social and business entrepreneurs under the age of 22. Organizers of the Anzisha Prize are calling for more nominations from the public this year to ensure they discover the very best talent on the continent.
- You must be between 15 and 22 years old with an ID document or Passport to present as evidence. Anyone born before November 1, 1996 or after October 31, 2004 will not be considered.
- You must be a national of an African country with a business based in Africa for African customers/ beneficiaries.
- Your business must be up and running. The Anzisha Prize is not for great ideas or business plans – you must have already started, and be able to prove it! You have time to get started now and have tangible results to share before applications open.
- Your business, invention or social project can be in any field or industry (science and technology, civil society, arts and culture, sports, etc.). Any kind of venture is welcome to apply.
- Individuals who apply must be one of the founding members of a business (for example, 2 or 3 co-founders who started up the project together).
To be selected as one of our Anzisha ventures, your business or project will be judged on the following 5 criteria:
- Already Running Venture: Is the venture established with customers and beneficiaries? Does the venture deliver value to said beneficiaries and customers?
- Founder-led: Is the venture led and managed by the founder?
- Impact: Has the venture demonstrated some impact already?
- Scalability: If the venture is a for-profit business, does it already earn revenues and does it have potential increase revenues with the support of Anzisha? If the venture is a not-for-profit enterprise, does it already reach beneficiaries and does it have the potential to reach many more beneficiaries with support from Anzisha?
- Job Creation: Has the venture created some jobs and has the potential to create more high quality jobs?
To be selected as one of our Anzisha Fellows, you must demonstrate the following 2 qualities:
- Venture leader: Are you the leader of your venture and do you drive both venture strategy and operations?
- Commitment: Do you spend at least 20 hours a week or more on your business and will you continue to do so after selection?
DEADLINE: March 31, 2019