The WE Empower UN SDG Challenge is a global business competition for women entrepreneurs who are advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Five finalists, one from each UN region, will receive an all-expenses paid trip to New York during the UN Global Goals week (September 24-29, 2018) to participate in a series of tailored trainings and events.
- Participate in a live, dynamic pitch event hosted by Diane von Furstenberg that will bring together top business, tech, venture capital and media leaders with an opportunity for one awardee to receive a $20,000 grant to further their business;
- Attend a high-level dialogue with senior UN Officials, the Council of Women World Leaders and the Women Political Leaders Global Forum;
- Participate in Global Citizen week events including a ticket to attend the Global Citizen Festival in Central Park on Saturday, Sept 29th; and
- Participate at the UN Private Sector Forum event convened by the UN Secretary-General.
If you are a woman entrepreneur who is helping to shape community dialogue about women’s advancement and the SDGs in your region, you should apply.
- Has your business been in operation for more than three years?
- Do you employ at least three full-time staff (or full-time equivalent)?
- Are you a for-profit or social entrepreneur? (for this competition a social enterprise is a for-profit business with a social mission)
- Does your business generate at least $100,000 USD in annual sales?
- Are you available to travel to New York City between September 23-29, 2018?
DEADLINE: July 1, 2018