SDGs&Her is an online competition for women entrepreneurs to showcase how they are supporting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through their business operations.
The objectives of the initiative are to:
- recognize women implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including women business owners of microenterprises;
- increase knowledge about the SDGs and their potential impacts on women among non-traditional audiences; and
- collaborate with private sector partners on all SDGs, but SDG5 in particular; to share best practices and innovative ideas.
To be eligible you must:
- be a woman owner of a business that has been in operation for at least 3 years,
- own a micro-enterprise, with at least 1 and no more than 9 employees,
- have a loan eligibility of under USD $10,000 or annual sales of under USD $100,000
The top winners will be recognized in September 2018 at an event on the margins of the 2018 UN General Assembly High-Level Week in New York. The stories of the winning women entrepreneur (and many other notable entries) will be shared through partners’ social media and websites.
DEADLINE: June 30, 2018