Vital Voices is excited to announce the launch of VVEngage, a signature fellowship to support women leaders working within civil society, the public sector and public-policy making institutions, who are dedicated to making positive change in their countries. Through this fellowship, we aim to increase the capacity, decision-making power and effectiveness of women leaders in public life, shifting culture around women’s public leadership and moving towards equality in public representation globally. With the support of Freeport McMoRan, the fellowship will provide year-long technical training and access to a global network of change-makers in the public sector across the globe.
By the end of the fellowship, fellows will:
- Hone their public leadership skills to be even more effective leaders
- Broaden their capacity, confidence, and ability to engage on diverse issues
- Build powerful professional relationships and collaborations with women public leaders across the globe
- Make progress towards achieving their personal and professional goals
- Inspire and teach others about the importance of women’s leadership in public life
This fellowship is a 12-month commitment, starting in July 2018 and ending in June 2019, including two in-person gatherings and virtual training throughout the year. Applicants must be able to commit to the following:
- Complete a baseline survey that goes into more detail about your professional experience, personal and organizational goals, work-related skills, mentorship experience and community engagement
- Participate in online trainings and webinars, and complete virtual assignments for an average of eight hours per month throughout the year-long fellowship
- Participate in a three-day in-person gathering in August/September 2018*
- Participate in a five-day in-person gathering in February/March 2019 in Cambridge, MA, USA*
- Complete surveys every six months for up to two years after participating in VVEngage
*Specific dates will be chosen based on availability of selected participants.
All fellow travel, meals and accommodation costs for the in-person gatherings will be covered in full by VVEngage.
DEADLINE: May 14, 2018