Are you an aspiring or experienced African business woman living in Africa or the Diaspora? Can you dedicate 2 to 3 hours a week to business and leadership training over the course of the next year? Would you relish the opportunity to grow your network within and outside Africa, expand your skills, strengthen your brand, and be mentored by a senior business professional? Are you ready to apply the knowledge gained to boost your business’ growth in 2018?
Then the African Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative is for you!
Sponsored by the Center for Global Enterprise (CGE), the African Women Entrepreneurship Cooperative (AWEC) is a one–of–a–kind, 12–month training program that builds a pan–African community of women entrepreneurs and business owners and empowers them with the strategy, leadership and business management skills neededfor growth and economic advancement.
- Live instructional sessions led by world–class business and academic experts, delivered via video conference,
- Peer–led sessions focused on applying new learnings, developing soft skills, learning from outside experts and other participants, and building a pan–African peer network,
- Course activities – delivered through a highly–interactive online learning platform – that encourage individuals to immediately apply new knowledge and skills, and to collaborative with diverse teams,
- Mentoring and coaching from mid–career and senior business professionals throughout the duration of the program• Constructive feedback on assignments from instructors, mentors, teaching assistants, and peers,
- Leadership summits that provide in–person training and networking opportunities, taking place twice during the program, in locations throughout Africa.