Applause Africa will host its seventh annual African Diaspora Awards (ADA) on Saturday, December 2nd at 7PM at the Florence Gould Hall, located in New York City. The ADA Awards ceremony applauds outstanding African leaders who are engines of impact and change within the United States and around the world.
The 2017 ADA Honorees are:
- ImeIme Umana, President of Harvard Law Review, Person of the year;
- Jaha Dukureh, Human rights activist, Humanitarian of the Year;
- Richelieu Dennis, Founder, Sundial Brands & Shea Moisture, Entrepreneur of the Year;
- Ethiopia Habtemariam, President of Motown Records, Mark of Excellence Award;
- Cece Olisa, Entrepreneur, Blogger and Influencer, Face of Change;
- Christine Sass, Cofounder and President at Andela, Friends of Africa;
- Darlene and Lizzy Okpo, Designer of the Year;
- Elizabeth Ngozi, CEO of Afrika Tikkun USA, Afrika Tikkun USA, Advocate of the Year;
- Famond Konneh, Bronx Borough Directoe, NYC (CAU), Community Service of the Year;
- Ugo Nwaokoro, Deputy Mayor of the City of Newark, New Jersey, Governance and Civic Leadership Award;
- Constance Ipoh, Education scholar and Professor, Scholar of the Year;
- Christian Epps, Creative Person of the Year;
- Cellulant, Ken Njoroge and Bolaji Akinboro, Company of the Year.
- A special tribute will be paid to the late Dr. Babatunde Osotimehin who championed health and well-being through his humanitarian work with the United Nations.
Register here: ADA Awards 2017