In line with Unilever’s commitment to continually conserve the environment, create more job opportunities and promote entrepreneurship among the youths; the company has partnered with Wecyclers, to empower youths and make sustainable living a commonplace in Nigeria.We want to challenge the designers, innovators, and creators of tomorrow. That’s why we are promoting a product design competition with the theme “The Unilever-Wecyclers Renewable Energy Challenge.\” Your efforts will help us provide a better, more efficient and rugged Wecycles.
This is a competition dedicated at challenging students to design solar-powered Wecycles that can commute more recyclable wastes and remains efficient without mechanical faults. The outcome should use clear, scientific measures that can be easily translated for production and be as locally neutral as possible, especially in the context of the Nigerian roads.
A total of $800 will be shared among the top three (3) designs with certificates for the awarded individuals or teams. Three (3) main prizes – Gold, Silver, and Bronze
– Gold: $500
– Silver: $200
– Bronze: $100
The Gold design will get a two weeks internship with the WeCyclers team to fabricate the winning design.
– Participant can be either an individual or a group of individuals
– In the case that a team is participating, the maximum number of members in a team is 4.
– Originality (30%)
– Effectiveness in meeting design objective:
a. Design Efficiency (30%)
b. Application practicality (20%)
c. Clear Communication (20%)
- You will be sent a link for submission after registration.
- You will be required to submit the URL reference of a Dropbox, Google Drive, or any cloud storage platform that contains the PDF material of your work and any other optional materials.
Make sure the PDF version of your work explains your purpose or design process and features. Include up to 5 3D images of your designs in either JPEG, PNG, GIF formats.