Johnson & Johnson is introducing the Africa Innovation Challenge to encourage entrepreneurial thinking in Africa and the creation of consumer healthcare solutions that address the critical unmet needs of the continent. Throughout Africa, Johnson & Johnson is looking to drive entrepreneurship and help advance promising consumer healthcare solutions.
Chosen applicants will receive a combination of awards including funding up to US $100,000, potential lab space in Africa and/or business and technical mentoring from some of the brightest minds at Johnson & Johnson to help bring their idea to life and create meaningful change in their community or country.
The submitted consumer healthcare solutions will be evaluated based on their ability to meet the following criteria:
Idea submission addresses at least one of the three challenge categories:
1) Promoting Early Child Development & Maternal Health in Africa,
2) Empowering Young Girls in Africa,
3) Improving Family Well-being in Africa
- Idea submission is innovative and creative,
- Idea submission is scalable,
- Idea submission outlines how the award would help them reach a critical milestone within the timeframe of a single year and provides a full commercialization plan
DEADLINE: January 17, 2017