Through the Women Techmakers Scholars Program – formerly the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program – Google is furthering Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of creating gender equality in the field of computer science by encouraging women to excel in computing and technology and become active leaders and role models in the field.
The Scholars Program consists of the following elements:
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Identify as female,
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited university for the 2016-2017 academic year,
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time or part-time student in a Bachelor\’s, Master\’s or PhD program at a university in Europe, Middle East or Africa for the 2017-2018 academic year,
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, informatics or a closely related technical ﬁeld,
- Demonstrate a strong academic record,
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in Computer Science
The Women Techmakers Scholarship is a one-time scholarship. While past applicants and finalists are encouraged to reapply, unfortunately, past recipients of any Google scholarship, including the Women Techmakers Scholarship and Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship, are not eligible to apply. For questions, please email: WTMScholars (at) google.com.
DEADLINE: December 1, 2016