The Appsafrica.com Innovation Awards recognizes innovation and excellence in African mobile and tech. Supported by Mobile Monday, the Mobile Ecosystem Forum (MEF), Uber and the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) winners will be announced at the awards party on November 14th, 2016 in Cape Town.
Applications are welcome for the following ten (10) award categories:
- Disruptive Innovation Award: Business models are being disrupted across the continent using technology and innovation. This award seeks to recognize the disruptive innovations and new business models that are changing Africa.
- Best Social & Messaging Award: Life is busy, and keeping in touch with others is essential, this award recognizes any social or messaging services that help Africans in their daily routines, share experiences or help people network together.
- Best African App Award: This award recognizes the best applications successfully launched on any platform to target African consumers or businesses.
- Enterprise Solution Award: This award celebrates enterprise services across Africa. Entries welcome from innovative ventures and mobile services streamlining, improving and helping business across Africa.
- News & Entertainment Award: Mobile news and entertainment is now a burgeoning industry across Africa. This award seeks to recognize the best news and entertainment innovations. Examples include music, literary, gaming, children’s entertainment, lifestyle and video.
- Educational Award : Delivering education has many challenges in Africa. This award recognizes services which are striving to improve education by utilizing mobile or other technologies.
- Fintech Award: This award recognizes the best fintech innovation including digital currency, bitcoin, mobile money, wallets, P2P, money remittances & transfers, point of sale or funding platforms.
- Social Impact Award: This award recognizes an inspiring use of technology that has a positive social impact for an African community while contributing to economic and social development.
- Brand On Mobile Award: This award recognizes the best mobile campaigns from companies, agencies or platforms that have excelled in utilizing mobile to drive awareness, interaction, impact or sales across Africa.
- Women In Tech Award: This award seeks to recognize the women who are driving technology and innovation in Africa. This might include entrepreneurs, developers, executives, program managers or any women making a positive impact.
How much does it cost?
Entries will be charged $60 per category that is entered. Start-ups less than 12 months old will not be charged subject to approval and can contact us for a discount code.
DEADLINE: September 20, 2016