Diaspora Demo Pitch applications are open to all persons who are 18 years or older with a technology-enabled company based in, focused on or with one or more founders from the continent of Africa, the African Diaspora or of African descent. Applicants may only submit one application per year.
The startup must have been launched within the last two (2) years,
- If the startup has received external funding, it can only be up to USD 0.5m;
- The startup must have a demonstrable product or service (Minimum Viable Product, MVP);
- The founders of the startup must be prepared to champion their company and its impact on stage;
- The founders of the startup also must be willing and able to obtain a U.S. Visa;
- Pitch and application documents must be in English or you must provide a translation;
- The startups in the following sectors are strongly encouraged to apply (all will be considered): Health, Education/Job Preparedness, Smart Energy, Logistics, Fintech, Agritech or enabling marketplaces.
DEADLINE: August 31, 2016