ONE is a campaign and advocacy organisation backed by almost 7 million people from around the world who are committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We also work with leaders in Africa to advocate for increased public financial resources towards agriculture and the health sector as key for poverty reduction efforts and we promote reforms that lead to greater transparency and accountability in the management of public budgets in Africa.
ONE Nigeria 2016 Agricultural Advocacy Goal:
To campaign for increasing the quality and quantity of domestic resources allocated to the Agriculture sectors of the Federal government of Nigeria and the States governments of Lagos and Kano (in the long run) in line with the AU Malabo Declaration and the 2015 AU Johannesburg women’s commitments.
Purpose and Objectives of this analysis:
- To review the extent to which the level of resource allocation to the agriculture ministry and programs complies with the AU 2014 Malabo Commitments, the 2015 AU Johannesburg women’s commitments and other statutory targets.
- To review the extent to which budget priorities and patterns of public expenditure in agriculture are conducive to meet the said targets and the most pressing agriculture needs.
- To suggest what the budgetary implications would be to bring federal agriculture budgets to the investments levels needed and committed to and to suggest which budget increases could be reasonably expected to at least start closing the gap.
- To compare resource allocation trends and prioritization/under-prioritization of key agricultural issues and targets with regional peers.
The recommendations will indicate ways in which the budget in the future can be made more responsive to current needs in the agriculture sector and ensure that greater effectiveness, equity and efficiency in agricultural expenditure is achieved.
Specific criteria of the consultant:
- Advanced degree in public finance, social policy or public financial management,
- Expert knowledge analysing agriculture budgets in Nigeria,
- Familiarity with the Nigeria public policy, budget process and public financial management context,
- Proven experience in conducting budget analysis in agriculture,
- Excellent analytical skills and experience in quantitative analysis,
- Excellent English writing skills,
Selection will be made by inviting interested candidates to submit their application containing:
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Technical proposals containing work plan and methodology,
- Confirmed availability for the completion of the job,
- Financial proposal including daily rate.
For a detailed Terms of Reference for the assignment please send an email to email@example.com.
For any additional questions please send your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 12pm on the 11th of April 2016.