WAAW Foundation – an organization working to advance STEM education for African Girls has selected five (5) African girls for its annual scholarship program. After reviewing over 1000 applications from 27 countries in Africa, the following girls qualified and emerged as our 2016 scholarship recipients:
- Mbebi Liticia (22) Ghana, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology College of Agriculture and Natural Resource Management,
- Carryl Masibo (20) Kenya, Africa Leadership University,
- Ruth Anderon (21) Zimbabwe, University of Zimbabwe,
- Elizabeth Namayanja (21) Zimbabwe, National University of Science and Technology(NUST),
- Patience Ndlovu (22) Zimbabwe, Midlands State University
WAAW foundation\’s annual scholarship initiative is aimed at supporting need based African female STEM-focused college education. Criteria for eligibility includes: (a) female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa, (b) currently enrolled in undergraduate degree program (c) studying in a university or college in Africa. (d) demonstrable financial need, and (e) excellent academic record.