Impact Amplifier with funding from the DOEN Foundation, together with various partners (GreenCape, Innovation Hub), have created the Eco-Innovators Investment Readiness Program. This is a five-month long program designed for businesses in the environmental goods and services sector, to prepare for expansion and funding.
Entrepreneurs from anywhere in South Africa may apply.
The program will offer entrepreneurs the skills, knowledge, documentation and support required to secure investment for their businesses. The program addresses the following:
- Constructing an Impact Case;
- Market access, sales and distribution;
- Strategic planning;
- Financial modelling and planning;
- Writing an Investment case to secure funding;
- Pitching to investors; and
- Connecting with partners in the business ecosystem, including multinational companies, NGOs and governments.
Impact Amplifier is seeking applications, which have the potential for growth from the environmental goods and services sector.
The type of businesses, which can apply include, but are not exclusive to the following:
- Alternative Energy – waste to energy, biofuels, solar, wind and others;
- Energy efficiency;
- Solid waste reuse and effluent treatment;
- Clean water;
- Sustainable agriculture; and
- Ecological building.
DEADLINE: November 15, 2015