Akili Dada is an international award-winning leadership incubator nurturing a generation of young African women from underprivileged backgrounds whose commitment to the underserved will transform their communities. Its leadership development curriculum creates the foundation on which young women ages 13-35 build their skills and earn the essential qualifications they need to access key decision-making roles and leadership positions. \”By selecting from and building the capacity of some of Africa’s most innovative young women changemakers, we are meeting the urgent need for both more African women in leadership as well as the overall need for transformative leadership across the continent.\”
Fellows will be selected on the basis of:
- The strength of their social change project,
- Previous leadership initiative,
- Willingness to learn from peers and more experienced mentors,
- The ability to share their skills with peers and intended project beneficiaries.
- Be a young woman between the ages of 23-30,
- Be from an economically disadvantaged background,
- Have a social enterprise (a business with a social impact) or a social innovation (an initiative that has social impact),
- Demonstrate previous leadership initiative and experience,
- Have been working on your project for at least two years preferably on a full-time basis,
- Be able to commit one year to the fellowship program (beginning January 2016 and ending December 2016),
- Be able to attend trainings every other month for one week in Nairobi, Kenya,
- Must be able to communicate in English both written and verbal.
DEADLINE: November 2, 2015