PEACEapp is a global competition organized by the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations and the United Nations Development Program in collaboration with Build Up to promote digital games and gamified apps as venues for cultural dialogue and conflict management. Additional partners of PEACEapp include GamesForChange and the Institute for Economics and Peace.
The competition is open to (3) kinds of entries:
- digital games and gamified apps developed purposefully for this competition,
- already existing digital games, and
- creative re-purposing of existing digital games to meet the aim of PEACEapp
The competition will consider entries at all stages of development – from prototypes to fully developed. PEACEapp’s international jury will select five winning entries: 3 that are fully functioning and 2 that are in development.
- The 3 fully functioning games or apps will receive an award of $5,000 each,
- The 2 in development will receive mentorship from expert partners,
- In addition, 1 member of each award-winning team (completed or in development) will be invited (all travel costs covered) to the Build Peace conference (Cyprus, April 2015) to share their product with conference participants.
DEADLINE: October 15, 2014