Girls Empowerment Network (GENET), MoVe! A Young Women’s Movement for Justice and Development in partnership with the Open Society Initiative of Southern Africa (OSISA) invites applications to the National Feminist Leadership course scheduled to take place November 3 – 12, 2014.
The aim of the course is to enhance the leadership capacities of young women and enable them to apply feminist thinking frameworks in developing and influencing strategies, policies and programs that promote gender equality at personal, community, national and regional levels.
The training will be facilitated by feminist scholars and activists.
Applicants who meet the following criteria will be considered:
- Must be a young woman of between 18 and 35 years of age,
- Be a citizen and resident of Malawi,
- Must have attained or is studying towards a qualification from a recognized tertiary institution,
- Experience working in an organization or program related to gender equality or women’s rights,
- English proficiency is critical (the course will be delivered in English only),
- Demonstrate commitment to participate for the duration of the full course.
DEADLINE: October 15, 2014