The STEM camp for African girls will hold July 27th – August 2nd, 2014 at the Global International School, plot 12, Block 26, Admiralty way, Lekki, Lagos.
The camp is aimed at African girls between the ages of 13 and 17 and who are currently enrolled in Senior Secondary School SS1 – SS3. Girls from all African countries are encouraged to apply.
• N30, 000 ($200) for private school students and other individuals
• Free/ Full Scholarships and reduced cost for public school students
- Students will learn to build exciting robots on the NXT platform,
- Students will build renewable energy systems such as solar and Wind Mill systems,
- Students will learn basic computer science concepts and be introduced to programming using Arduino and raspberry pi platform, playing with blockly program,
- Students will be introduced to app building for Andriod platform using MITs app builder,
- Students will participate in team building exercises,
- All activities are very focused on hands on, integrative learning that promotes creativity, innovation and problem solving using locally available resources.
Deadline: July 20, 2014
Have questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org