The Sharefair 2014 on Rural Women’s Technologies to Improve Food Security, Nutrition and Productive Family Farming invites submissions of technologies and innovations that support rural female smallholder farmers.
Eligible Countries: Burundi, D.R. of Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
The objectives expected to result from Sharefair 2014 are as follows:
- Accelerated programmatic and policy attention to gender and agriculture and practical ways to overcome current gender-related technology, food security, and nutrition challenges,
- Generation of a technology repository comprising a menu of technology options that meet the needs of women farmers and that can serve the sector and the region will be a lasting contribution,
- Identifying new and scaling up of existing technologies through linking farmers to entrepreneurs, investors and policy makers,
- Further anchor of the Regional Network to translate into deepened collaborations on gender and agriculture and food security,
- Sharefair 2014 constitutes a flagship activity on the Regional Network on gender and rural livelihoods and will draw from the collective expertise and active participation of its members.