The Emerging Institutions Fellowship Program (EIFP) provides hands-on service opportunities for young business and development professionals from around the world at Africa’s leading for-profit and nonprofit firms. The fellowship is designed to match the financial capital invested in emerging African businesses with the human capital needed to take these institutions to scale.
Who are Emerging Institution Fellows?
Fellows come to the EIFP with a diverse set of backgrounds and skills set. At a minimum, all fellows are required to have an undergraduate degree, a commitment to excellence, be 35 years or less and be fluent in English. Host organizations may also designate other specific skill requirements for their Fellows. Other requirements include:
- Two to ten years of professional experience
- MBA candidate or early to mid-level professional with interest in/familiarity with emerging markets
- Professional background in business, management consulting, strategy, finance, and social enterprise and international development.
- Interest in building a career in Africa after the fellowship
1. Apply: Send an email with your resume, a cover letter and two (2) letters of recommendation to email@example.com
2. Letters of Recommendation: LDI Africa requires two letters of recommendation from individuals who know you in a professional capacity and can write about your skills and experiences as well as your potential for success an LDI Africa Fellow.
3. Review Process: Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee. Phone interviews will be conducted with semi-finalists. Host organizations will conduct Skype video interviews with selected finalists. Host organizations will make their final recommendations to LDI Africa and LDI Africa will notify the selected candidates.
DEADLINE: May 17, 2014