UNICEF Ghana in partnership with MEST introduces the MEST-UNICEF Hackathon, a three-day product development competition hosted by the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) and UNICEF Ghana.
Over 3 Days, find team members, select a problem (from a list of problems presented by UNICEF Ghana ) and develop a mobile or web-based solution to the selected problem. On the final day, pitch your solution to a panel of judges- after which a winner will be announced.
How it works?
The MEST-UNICEF Hackathon is all about creating a real-world solution / product.
1. At the beginning of the event, you will be presented with a set of ‘problems’, out of which you select one that you are most interested in.
2. Pitch to an audience a 60-second solution to your chosen ‘problem’.
3. Find team members at the event, form teams of up to 5 members to develop those solutions.
4. Teams will have the remainder of the event time to build a working prototype (minimum viable product) and simple business plan for their idea. Lunch, & dinner will be provided.
5. Finally, teams will have an opportunity to pitch their products to a panel of judges. The judges will select the top three products to receive prizes!
DEADLINE: January 14