TechWomen empowers, connects, and supports the next generation of women leaders in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) from Africa and the Middle East by providing them the access and opportunity needed to advance their careers, pursue their dreams, and inspire women and girls in their communities.
Through mentorship and exchange, TechWomen strengthens participants’ professional capacity, increases mutual understanding between key networks of professionals, and expands girls’ interest in STEM careers by exposing them to female role models.
TechWomen is an Initiative of the U.S. Department of State\’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
2014 TechWomen Eligibility Requirements
- Be women with a minimum of two years full-time professional experience in the STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, and math) and/or a career requiring significant expertise/knowledge/application of technology
- Have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree/four year university degree or equivalent
- Be proficient in written and spoken English
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate in exchange programs, welcome opportunities for mentoring and new partnership development, and exhibit confidence and maturity
- Be citizens or permanent residents of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tunisia, Yemen, or Zimbabwe at the time of application, and while participating in the program
- Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States, or participated in a visa lottery in the past five years
- Be able to obtain a U.S. visa
- Not hold U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident
Apply here: https://www.techwomen.org/application/
DEADLINE: February 3, 2014 at 23:59 Cairo time.