mAgri is an opportunity to identify creative ideas, test concepts, and pursue collaborations that can result in growth of mAgri app businesses across countries, regions, and the African continent.
Mobile innovation in the agricultural sector faces at least two major challenges:
1) While there is a proliferation of market information mobile apps, few of these have been adopted widely across the African continent, making it difficult to achieve scale and profitability.
2) Despite proven benefits of mobile agricultural apps, the mobile entrepreneurship community and the agribusiness community often suffer from a lack of obvious linkages and ways to collaborate.
You should apply if you are:
– An entrepreneur with a mobile business based in Africa,
– Someone who is working on a prototype of a mobile agriculture application,
– Someone looking to grow his/her business and seeing good growth prospects locally and/or abroad,
– Impatient to grow your market share and product portfolio in your quest to grow your business, substantially,
– Open to innovative methods/business approaches/products/processes that could be applied to your business to drive its growth,
– Someone who would benefit from business coaching support…
Click here to learn more: http://www.infodev.org/mAgriChallenge