The ALA Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership seeks to appoint two exceptional young professionals with a demonstrated passion for entrepreneurial leadership and the African continent to an exciting 16-month position that will see them build their own capacity as an entrepreneurial leader while preparing Africa’s transformative leaders of tomorrow.
The ideal candidate should:
– Be an innovator with a passion for the field of education, who is ready to immerse him/herself in ALA’s unique model for change and curriculum in entrepreneurial leadership;
– Be dynamic and enthusiastic, and believe in the value of learning through practice and experience;
– Be flexible and adapt easily to changing circumstances;
– Consider him/herself an entrepreneurial leader, and are passionate about joining a team of leaders from across Africa and around the world who share a common goal;
– Have a strong desire to work with talented and passionate young leaders from across Africa.
– Be comfortable interacting with people from a wide range of cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds;
– Love working with young people and encouraging them to set and meet standards of excellence;
– Envision a world with a culture of leadership, innovation, and international cooperation;
– Not afraid of working hard. In fact, you thrive when there are many demands on your time.
– A track record of leadership and results in extracurricular or professional activities;
– Experience working with young people in a mentoring, teaching, or coaching capacity; formal teaching experience is not required, but is a plus;
– Demonstrated fluency in English. Fluency in other languages spoken broadly on the continent (French, Portuguese, Arabic, Swahili, Yoruba, etc) is a plus; and
– Experience living and working in Africa is a plus.
Start Date: May 15, 2013
End Date: September 1, 2014
Compensation: Each fellow receives housing, transportation, health care, and a stipend to cover day-to-day living expenses for the duration of their fellowship.
To apply, send a CV and motivation to Josh Adler, Director, Centre for Entrepreneurial Leadership email@example.com with ‘Candidate for CEL Fellowship’ in the subject line.